Stockholm, 111 29
+46 8 411 1188
When the Stockholm economy was flourishing in the fourteenth century, many German merchants moved to the area. They arrived at the Saint Gertrud cottage, located where Tyska kyrkan (German Church) stands today. In 1580, this cottage was rebuilt into a church. Its portal, which was built in 1643, is richly decorated with ornaments and pictures by chief stonemason Jost Henne. Morning services are held every Sunday at 11a in Swedish and German.