+353 72 41350
In 1770 a local landowner named Dixon recovered this impressive stone cross from the sea. It is speculated that it came from a long vanished monastery that once stood near the shore of the River Drowes. Since its recovery, it has stood in its present location on a mound beside the N15, facing the village. The cross dates from the 9th or 10th century. Despite suffering from coastal erosion and standing slightly askew, it is still quite distinguished. Contact the local tourist office at Bundoran for further information.