Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
3845 Veterans Memorial Highway
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
Phone: (631) 585-9500
Fax: (631) 585-9564
3845 Veterans Memorial Highway, Ronkonkoma, NY, US, 11779
- Phone: (631) 585-9500
- Fax: (631) 585-9564
Visit this interesting community park that features beautifully restored historic buildings, including a magnificent windmill and a church, that were moved to this park.
The Connetquot River flows right through this park that covers 3,400 acres of woodlands and wetlands. The park is a preserve for the protection of many waterfowl, osprey, game birds, deer, and numerous rare plants plus features 50 miles of trails for hiking, horseback riding, and cross country skiing.
Home to the Bayport Aerodrome Society, the Bayport Aerodrome was known as Davis Field in the past. Its a treasure trove for all those who are interested in antique air-planes and related avenues.
Right in the center of historic Idle Hour is the beautiful Dowling College Oakdale campus, resplendent with Tudor-style buildings and lush gardens. The primary architects of many of the buildings in this area were the Vanderbilt family, who wished to build 'the most beautiful private home in the world'; it was suitably magnificent but tragically burned down in 1899. Another, even more extravagant building was constructed in its place, and this is the house that you can see, to this day, on at Dowling College; restoration on the mansion continues to this day.
The historic John Ellis Roosevelt Estate is fondly referred to as Meadowcraft. It is mainly located at Sayville in Suffolk County, New York. It comprises of two structures constructed over two varied time spans. The first one is the 1850 original farmhouse, while a more Colonial Revival style mansion has been built in 1891 which is perpendicularly set across the farmhouse. The site also comprises of a carriage house, a caretaker's cottage, a swimming pool and archaeological sites. The year 1987 marked its entry into the National Register of Historic Places.
On what was once a landfill now stands the Brookhaven Ecology Center, with so many activities and places to see that there really is something for everyone. There is an animal preserve, with over 100 animals to view; some domestic farm animals and others non-releasable wild animals. There is a playground, greenhouses, a fitness trail, ecology center and picnic area, ensuring that Brookhaven is a great place for families. There are free guided tours available for school classes and other organized groups. Call for more details.
Modesty is a shellfish dredging type of sloop built in 1923. The sloop ceased to function in 1974 and is now a kept on display at the Long Island Maritime Museum. After the sloop was acquired by the museum, it underwent rigorous restoration. The sloop can now be seen at the museum and visitors can get acquainted with its rich past.
The The United Methodist Church of Patchogue is a historic congregation established in 1791. Built in the Romanesque style of architecture, the church building was constructed in 1889. Designed by Teale and Oscar, the church still stands firm on its ground. Regular services are conducted at the church even today.
With over a mile of sand on the Great South Bay of Long Island, the beach at Heckscher State Park is a great alternative to other more crowded spots in the area. Heckscher is a family oriented park with softball fields, horseshoe pits, basketball courts, biking and hiking paths, picnic areas and a boat ramp. Vehicles over eleven feet high cannot come into the campgrounds.
This unique, hand carved, and operational merry-go-round was designed with New York State history, traditions, and environment as its theme.
The esteemed First Presbyterian Church is accurately located at 175 East Main Street, Smithtown in Suffolk County. The ancient historic Presbyterian church building was constructed in 1825. It features on the National Register of Historic Places. It is established on a land cover of 2 acres (0.81 hectares). The sanctuary is a rectangular shaped, double storied, frame structure built in the measure of 56 foot by 34 foot. Sheathed in wood shingles and en-covered with afine gable roof, the structure is perfect in term of its aesthetics.
Situated along the Nissequogue River, this State park covers 543 acres and includes a circa 1845 house that contains natural history exhibits. Opportunities for hiking, picnicking, fishing, and cross country skiing are available at this park.