Palazzo del Podestà
The Palazzetto del Podestà was built in 1334. It has undergone numerous transformations over the course of the Centuries. It was barbarously changed, along with the Palazzo dell'Arengo
, and partly demolished when it was included into a 17th-century building. The older building's Gothic shape was largely hidden by the newer Lombard lines. The entire piazza was restored to its former glory by the famous architect Gaspare Rastelli between 1912 and 1922. There are three Gothic frontal arches. They used to hang criminals from a rope in the center arch. The floor above has battlements and five small windows. Nowadays the Palazzo del Podestà is used as an exhibition space by the city's museums.