The Palazzo del Arengo forms part of the town council buildings together with the Palazzo del Podestà (to its left) and Palazzo Garampi (to its right). The building was constructed in 1204 under the instructions of Madio Carbonesi in Bologna. This became the Rimini's city council building in the late Medieval period. It is an impressive Romanesque-Gothic style building, topped with battlements. The front has large windows and large early Gothic arches. Today, the evidence of the restoration is all too strong and it will take a while before the varnish settles back to the pale color of the period as was originally intended. Then the graceful and slender tower, the beautiful Ghibelline battlements and the Lombard windows will all look just as they once did.