Cattedrale di Santa Colomba
The Cathedral of Santa Colomba (St Columba) was built over a temple dedicated to Hercules. The Cathedral was consecrated in 1154 and dedicated to the French martyr, worshipped in the area. After a number of restoration works during the Middle Ages, the building became the center around which daily life revolved and its architecture made it the most prestigious building in the district. The earthquake of 1672 brought the old building down and what is seen today are the remains, which include the 12th Century belltower built to house the Sacristy. The form and style were Romanesque: the superb base of the red brick belltower with pointed windows, and the terracotta coping with intertwining arches are indications of the construction's beauty and majesty. Of the Cathedral today there is only the belltower around which a building has been constructed that houses "La Colomba" restaurant.