Clarion Collection Hotel Valdemars
K. Valdemara iela 23
Phone: (371) 67 33 44 62
Fax: (371) 67 33 44 62
Svētā Jāņa Evaņģēliski luteriskā baznīca (St John's Church)
Tu to Su from 11:00 AM to 05:00 PMSt John's Church, dating back to the 13th Century, was built as a chapel and part of the Dominican monastery (Jāņa Sēta). During the Reformation period it served first as a stable and later as Riga's armory. In 1582 it became a Lutheran church. According to the legend, two monks were voluntarily bricked into the southern wall and spent all their lives making a plea to Heaven to save the church from any invasion or disaster. Service is held on Sundays.