Lielā Ģilde (The Great Guild)
Amatu iela 6
Great Guild originally was a union of German merchants founded in 1354. The first building of the union dated back to the 14th Century. In the course of history it was enlarged several times, both the exterior and the interior altered. Various ceremonies and celebrations were held there. In the middle of the 19th Century it was rebuilt. The Muenster Hall, built in 1330 has practically been preserved in the original form. Due to this it is the oldest section of a public building in the Baltic region. The building represents English Gothic architecture. It was reconstructed in 1965. Today it is a concert hall.