2 Piazza Belgioioso
+39 02 7252 4301
Designed in 1772 by Piermarini for Prince Alberico XII Barbiano di Belgiojoso as a new residence. The building has a main courtyard and two secondary courtyards: the façade is particularly interesting, with a giant order of half columns and pilaster strips above a rusticated ashlar ground floor, and terminating in a large cornice and gable. The entrance is heightened by the projecting central volume. The coherence of the design extends to the interior decoration and furnishings, also designed by Piermarini. Feature of interest: On the first floor there is a chapel with lobate central plan, and a powder-room, also central-plan.