Clarion Collection Hotel Griso Lecco
Strada Provinciale 51
Phone: (39) 0341 239811
Fax: (39) 0341 2398610
Strada Provinciale 51, Malgrate, IT, 23864
- Phone: (39) 0341 239811
- Fax: (39) 0341 2398610
Tu to Su from 09:30 AM to 05:30 PMThe seat of government in the city was originally the Palazzo del Broletto, where the municipal institutions were located. It became a noble residence during the rule of the Torriane and Visconti families, who gave it its shape that can in part still be seen, based on a system of two courtyards. Partially demolished to make way for the Cathedral nave, the building was refurbished after 1452 by Francesco Sforza. Used as the seat of power by the Spanish rulers, it underwent substantial modifications until the late 18th century, in particular the extensive work by Giuseppe Piermarini. Alongside the volumes of the Palazzo there is the Arengario, seat of the Palazzo del Turismo, with its two pavilions designed in 1939 (and completed in 1956) by the architects Enrico Agostino Griffini, Pier Giulio Magistretti, Giovanni Muzio and Piero Portaluppi. Feature of interest - On the first floor of the Palazzo, there is the famous 'Sala delle Cariatidi', in the location of the ancient theatre destroyed by fire in 1776. This hall is now undergoing restoration.