Chiesa di San Giacomo
Via Don Minzoni
This church was built by the Alcanterini between 1677 and 1679. It has a simple façade and the floor inside is tiled with majolica
from the 19th Century. There are Baroque paintings featuring St. James the Apostle, St. Peter of Alcantara and St. Joseph with Baby Jesus, thought to be by Luca Giordano and another featuring St. Pasquale of Baylon which could be by Giuseppe Simonelli. During the feast of St. James a traditional fair was held in font of the church. To mark the start of the festivities, eight companies of the civilian army would march accompanied by a noble who would place the royal banner from the castle on the bastions of the tower in the park. Aristocrats from Lecce would compete in equestrian events at the tournament which marked the closing the fair.