This building is more important for its role in Lecce education than for its architecture. The Royal College of St. Joseph run by the Jesuits was housed here from 1816. It was a busy cultural institution that annexed the Lyceum and various faculties of the university in 1852. When the Bourbon kingdom fell, it returned to being a school and was named after the economist, Giuseppe Palmieri. A gallery containing 18th c. art is housed in the building containing shell mosaic pictures and paintings. The rooms of the sacresty and the deconsecrated Church of St. Francis of Assisi stand next to the Oratory.