Glens Falls Feeder Canal
Glen Falls, NY 12804
The Feeder Canal that was built in 1822 provided water to the Champlain Canal. Apart from being a water carrier it was also used for transportation of passengers as well as goods. However, the use of the canal was stopped in 1928 and owing to neglect it got littered with garbage and dirt. The Feeder Canal Alliance was then established to preserve and maintain this historical canal. With the efforts of the Alliance, the canal was restored and today, it not only supplies water but is also a major tourist attraction owing to boating, canoeing and similar activities made available here.