Bankeryds, 564 91
+46 36 37 6770
Bankeryds Kyrka was consecrated in 1868. Built in the classical style popular with revivalists during the period, the church features clear, elegant lines and a calm, welcoming atmosphere. The spacious interiors are emphasized by high, white-washed ceilings and arched windows allowing plenty of light to enter. Though the present church itself only dates back to the 19th century, a practicing Christian congregation has been in existence for over 750 years. The chancel surrounding the altar features art work and paintings by a local artist, Torsten Nordberg in beautiful muted pastels that illuminate the space with a gentle glow. For any additional information, please visit the website.