Clarion Inn Elmhurst - Oakbrook
933 S. Riverside Drive
Elmhurst, IL 60126
Phone: (630) 279-0700
Fax: (630) 279-0131
Arts & Museums
Managed by the Villa Park Historical Society, the historic Villa Avenue Train Station is now transformed into a museum. This train station was used by the Chicago Aurora and Elgin Railroad and is included in the National Register of Historic Places. A part of the station was reserved for the passengers, whilst the other half was Western United Gas and Electric Company's office. The museum features exhibits pertaining to the railroad, artifacts and objects related to the history of Villa Park. It also doubles up as visitors center that assists regular and business tourists with maps, information about the area and other stuff. For more details, please check website or call ahead.
Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art is home to Joseph F. Lizzardo, Sr.’s collection of antiques and lapidary treasures. The museum was established in 1962 and features exquisite gemstones and jewelry from eras gone by. Located in Wilder Park, the architecture of the building aptly resembles a jewelry box. On display are rare pieces from the Ming Dynasty and the Roman era, as well as geological exhibits like rocks and fossils.
Highlighting the history and culture of the Czech Republic and Slovakia, this museum contains a wide variety of displays and exhibits including authentic Czech, Moravian, and Slovak costumes, crystals and ceramics, historical exhibits, dolls and puppets, and needlework dating from 1850.
Award-winning museum that is known for the on site Ludwig Mies van der Rohe McCormick house and includes an educational pavilion, a dramatic glass entrance gallery, and three museum galleries.
Changing interpretive exhibits on Elmhurst's history, as well as national touring exhibits, are exhibited at this prize-winning museum that also offers programs for children, families, and adults throughout the year.
Dedicating to preserving and remembering historic theaters, this historical society provides a museum and archive filled with an exclusive collection of memorabilia, photographs, blueprints, and books from various types of theaters.
The Museum house was built in the early 1880's, but the interior rooms have been restored to the period of the 1870's. The house reflects the middle class life of this period. The house consists of four period rooms, a Victorian Library, and a local history room. It is open to the public on Wednesdays and Sundays from 1:00 to 4:00 and by appointment. Tours of the house, a research facility, and educational programs are available.
The Graue Mill is a historic mill in Oak Brook, Illinois. The former grist powered mill was built in 1852, and is now a museum displaying the Civil War era with volunteers dressed in period costumes. The museum is especially advisable for large groups and school trips as highly interactive docent led tours are available, where participants get to grind corn. The gift shop also stocks some interesting items.
Previously used as a showroom of the Excelsior Brick Company, the Gregg House now operates as a museum. The historic structure was built in 1872 and displays the Victorian style of architecture. It is operated by the Westmont Historical Society, which strives hard to preserve and protect it. The property was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Established in 1846 by the Stacy family, their home functioned as a wayside inn, offering shelter to commuters between Galena and Chicago. The stay at Stacy's Tavern offered guests a comfortable bed, satisfying meals and feed for the horses. With the introduction of the railroad, the Stacy abode, ceased to function as an inn. The property was purchased by the Village of Glen Ellyn in 1968, and along with the historical society, restored this beautiful Greek Revival Architecture and opened it as the Stacy’s Tavern Museum.
Located on the campus of Wheaton College.
DuPage County Historical Museum is located in DuPage County, Illinois, United States. It is also formerly known as Adams Memorial Library, and is a building designed by Charles Sumner Frost. The building is two stories tall and was built with limestone and Bedford stone trimmings in the Richardsonian Romanesque style. The exterior of the building is ornamented and the interior features oak floors and plaster ceilings. The museum was added to the National Register of Historic Places on June 4, 1981.