Clarion Hotel & Convention Center - Atlantic City West
6821 Black Horse Pike
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234-4062
Phone: (609) 272-0200
Fax: (609) 646-3703
6821 Black Horse Pike, Egg Harbor Township, NJ, US, 08234-4062
- Phone: (609) 272-0200
- Fax: (609) 646-3703
Built between 1698-1700, Gloria Dei (Old Swedes') Church survives today as the oldest church in Pennsylvania. The church is known as Old Swedes because Swedish pioneers were the first to settle the area in 1646. There is a fine collection of religious historical and religious artifacts the church has acquired over three centuries, including bronze crosses and 18th Century bibles in Swedish and English. The building itself is a perfectly preserved example of 18th Century public architecture. Today the church is still owned and maintained by its congregation of Episcopalians. The church is part of the Independence National Historical Park system.
The Optimal Gym offers a few unique characteristics that many more conventional health clubs do not. The rock-climbing wall is the only of its kind in Philadelphia. There are are also racquetball courts, cardio rooms and strength training facilities. The rooftop sun deck is conducive to tanning after working out. Short-and long-term members enjoy free classes and use of all equipment 24-hours a day.
Built in 1761, Saint Peter's was the early worship house of the Quakers that populated Colonial Philadelphia. Architect Robert Smith was commissioned to erect the Georgian church in 1758. The tower, spire, and two wooden angels were additions made by other architects in the 19th century. A row of Osage trees that surround the church are said to be planted with seeds from trailblazers Lewis and Clark. One of St. Peter's most notable worshipers was George Washington. The grave sites of historical figures such as artist Charles Wilson Peale and James K. Polk's Vice-President George Mifflin Dallas are on the premises.
Mother Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church is the first A.M.E. church in the world. It was founded by free American blacks in the 1700s. The current building was constructed in 1889 and occupies the same location as three previous structures. Stained glass windows feature masonic and religious themes and the shrine of the church contains the tomb of Bishop Allen, his wife Sarah and Bishop Morris Brown. Purchased by Richard Allen in 1791, this site is the oldest parcel of land continuously owned by African Americans. The Richard Allen Museum contains 19th century artifacts from the church. Traditionally, all other A.M.E. churches are designed along the plans of this building.
Old St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church has a long history of devoted service to the city of Philadelphia. The Church was founded by the Jesuits in 1733 and was the site of the first legal Catholic Mass in the city. The current church was built at this location in 1838. It has a beautiful interior. The sweeping white balcony was added in the 1900s. St. Joseph's is located between 3rd & 4th and Walnut & Spruce streets. Old St. Joseph's offers daily mass and is open to visitors. Open Monday to Saturday 12:05pm and Sundays 7:30am onwards.