Clarion Inn & Suites Conference Center
501 North Highway 190
Covington, LA 70433
Phone: (985) 893-3580
Fax: (985) 893-4807
Built in 1846, Christ Episcopal Church is one of the earliest Episcopal churches to be established in the region. The striking church building was constructed in the Greek Revival and Queen Anne Revival style of architectures. The church also holds the distinction of being one of the oldest standing structures in the city.
Huddled among three rivers, Covington was established in 1813 as a city and was originally called Wharton. Its present name was named in honor of General Leonard Covington who died in the War of 1812. Dotted with many historic structures and buildings, the city has a Southern charm to it that is very welcoming. Food, music and arts form a strong base of Covington's culture and it is not unusual to see concerts, festivals and other live events taking place here regularly. Some of the interesting places to visit are the Covington Trailhead Museum, Covington Trailhead and the Covington Brewhouse Microbrewery.
St. Timothy On The Northshore is a Methodist Church, serving the people of Mandeville through various religious and community activities. This church was established in 1975, and has since then been instrumental in the spread of the teachings of Bible in this part of Louisiana. The church hosts religious service on Sundays, which attracts the followers of Christ in large numbers. Visit their website for various community programs organized by the church.
Established in 1919, Ponchatoula High School believes in an environment where the student can realize their potential by taking part in the various academic, athletic and cultural activities offered in the school programs. Some of the sports that it encourages are basketball, baseball, football, golf and swimming. The school has its own sports team called the Green Wave.
Slidell is a historic Amtrak station built in 1913, which continues to function even today. However, one one train service is available at the station throughout the day. Owing to its historic nature, the station was heavily refurbished, and now accommodates an art gallery, a restaurant and a cultural center.
Grace Memorial Episcopal Church is a small church located on West Church Street. Established in 1876, the church was designed using Late Gothic Revival style. Painted pristine white, it features a beautiful steeple atop its entrance. The first worship service was held here on March 12, 1876, led by Bishop Joseph Wilmer. The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.