5252 New Jesup Highway
Brunswick, GA 31523-1211
Phone: (912) 264-4033
Fax: (912) 267-1314
Many amenities are available at this full service marina including a travel lift for large boats, a mechanic on duty full time, fishing charter guides for deep sea, trolling, bottom, inshore, and offshore fishing, a full service restaurant, gas and supplies, and live and dead bait.
A full service marina which offers boat storage, boat services, fishing tackle, food and drinks, gas, oil, live and dead bait, and supplies.
You will find fuel, bait, and supplies, as well as floating docks, wet and dry storage, laundry facilities, and a bathhouse at this full service marina which is open seven days a week.
This beautiful historic site on the Altamaha River goes back to the 1800s and is an exemplary example of antebellum life and the rice culture along the Georgia coast. A museum features furnishings, china and other items used during the period. Visitors can view a short film about the history of the site before taking a tour of the house. A circular nature trail also allows visitors to see wildlife, birds and the former rice marshes. There is a small gift shop. Visitors are welcome to bring food as there are picnic tables dotted around the property. The plantation is closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year's Day. The property was left to the State of Georgia in 1973 and is now part of and managed by the Georgia State Parks organization. -Natasha Lawrence
A full service marina that offers a wide range of services and amenities such as marine supplies, hardware and nautical charts, floating docks, gas and oil, laundry facilities, dry storage and wet slips, ample dockage space for transient traffic, service to Glynco Jetport Brunswick, and courtesy cars for overnight guests.
This is a relaxing, Methodist conference center, spiritual retreat, and vacation center that overlooks the scenic Frederica River. It offers a wide variety of accommodations, such as motel rooms, family apartments, and youth cabins. Guests can enjoy an outdoor pool, lighted tennis courts, two fishing piers, four dining rooms, covered basketball courts, dolphin tours, and a museum and library.
The Fort Frederica National Monument is nestled within the St. Simons Island, Georgia. It features and conserves the ruins of the fort and its surrounding town. This monument is incorporated in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
After passing through the entrance gate toward Jekyll Island, the first stop for any visitor is the Jekyll Island Welcome Center. It offers brochures, pamphlets, maps and all things relating to Jekyll Island. Friendly attendants will gladly answer questions about what's happening on the island and offer assistance to newcomers. There is a playground for children to play on and a viewing platform where you can see the Port of Brunswick, Sidney Lanier Bridge and St. Simons Island. Restrooms are available as well as vending machines. -Natasha Lawrence
Established in 1736 by James Oglethorpe to protect the southern boundary of his new colony of Georgia, this historic national site includes remnants of a tabby fortress the British built in the 1730s as a bulwark against Spanish invaders from Florida. Hiking and nature trails are on site and historical tours are available.
Overlooking the Frederica River, this area was a favorite Native American campground, and during Colonial days, the landing at the bluff became Georgia's first naval base and bears the name of the man, Gascoigne, who first surveyed the Georgia coast for England. Live oak timbers milled here in 1794 were used in building "Old Ironsides," the USS Constitution, in 1874, and timbers were also cut here for the Brooklyn Bridge.
Located at the southern tip of St. Simons Island, this lighthouse has helped ships navigate safely, since its establishment, and continues to do so till date. St. Simons Island Light is an 104 feet (31.69 meters) tall structure constructed in the 19th Century that replaced the original one. Approximately a century later, the St. Simons Island Light was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.
A hands-on environmental education center for all ages that offers a variety of educational programs include beach and saltmarch ecology walks, plankton labs, and summer camps for children.