Serraria Souza Pinto
Avenida Assis Chateaubriand, 809
Belo Horizonte, 30150-101
+55 31 3213 3434
Souza Pinto is an old sawmill that first opened in 1913 and was the main supplier of ironworks and other materials for the buildings being erected in the new capital. It enjoyed a few decades of successful business and eventually closed down in the late 1960s. The building housed a garage and parking space throughout the 1970s and was finally listed as cultural heritage and restored in the late 1990s. It has been managed by the Clovis Salgado Foundation since 1999, when it started operating as a flexible space for trade fairs, concerts, markets and other cultural events and activities. It is a popular place for big parties as well, including New Year's Eve.