Clarion Inn & Suites
155 Colony Parkway
Aiken, SC 29803
Phone: (803) 648-0999
Fax: (803) 648-9799
155 Colony Parkway , Aiken, SC, US, 29803
- Phone: (803) 648-0999
- Fax: (803) 648-9799
The St. Mary Help of Christians Church is a historic church located in Aiken, South Carolina. The current church was built by McMurphy and Story in 1905, after the original church building was destroyed by a tornado. This Gothic Revival and Decorated Gothic style structure features an unusually steep roof, along with red brick exterior and rose windows. One can also find a parish adjoining the church. The site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
This historic courthouse was named after the renowned judge Charles E. Simons Jr., and is a prominent part of the state's court system. The majestic courthouse, built in 1935 in the Georgian Revival style, is one of the city's finest architectural treasures.
The city of Aiken in South Carolina is bequeathed with one of the finer house sites in the form of the Phelps House. The construction of the house dates back to the early 1900s. The house avenue occupies immense monumental value and more so due to its brilliant Shingle style of architecture. It encompasses a land area of 4.2 acres (1.7 hectares). The site has paved its way into the prestigious National Register of Historic Places.
Rich in history, this cemetery is historic burial ground for area African Americans, both slaves and free blacks, with many of the graves being unmarked. The oldest marked grave to be found in the cemetery to dates back to 1835.
This 60 acre cemetery is the resting place for more than 500 Confederate soldiers and seven generals, as well as notable people from the Civil War period.
Established in the year 1750, the Saint Paul's Church boasts of a long and interesting history. For details on schedule of concerts and other events, check the website.
Old Government House or the Old Richmond County Courthouse was constructed in 1801. One of the earliest edifices in Augusta; the erstwhile courthouse lends itself as exemplary venue for special ceremonies.
Serving as the first medical school in Georgia until 1911 when the college moved to Harper Street, this college was designed in Greek Revival style by nationally known architect Charles B. Cluskey and is now used for group functions and events.
The First Presbyterian Church is a monumental church site located in Augusta, Georgia in United States. Whilst the church was established in 1804, the erection of the building was done in 1812. The site was structured and designed by eminent architect Robert Mills. It is a fine representation of the Romanesque style of architecture. The Sunday morning worship session commences at 8:30 a and 11:00 a, whilst the Adult and Youth Sunday School begins at 9:45 a. The evening worship is organized at 6:30 a on Sundays.
Built in 1859 by a merchant, the Boyhood Home of President Woodrow Wilson has been listed as a "Save America's Treasures" site by sheer virtue of being the childhood home of one of America's greatest presidents. Wilson passed some of the most profound years of his life in this house where he was moved by the ravaging effects of civil war. This double story brick house has been carefully preserved, and tours are conducted to all those interested in taking a walk down time. Check website for details.
The eminent First Baptist Church of Augusta is a distinguished Baptist church in the district of Augusta, Georgia. The area, where it stands at roughly one acre (0.40 hectares), and it was constructed in 1902. The look and the features are distinct, more due to the Beaux Arts architectural style that is very rare. It organizes Sunday services as well as Wednesday night programs that include family supper, pastor’s Bible study, children’s program, and much more.
This park celebrates the legacy and aspirations of the oldest Black church in the United States, the historic Springfield Baptist Church, and provides a landscaped setting for two important sculptures by Richard Hunt.